April 29, 2012

holy crap. so i am now 19. what?! how'd that happen? this is officially my last year having a one in front of my age. unless of course i live to be in my 100's. (and please someone, kill me before i get that old.) it feels so odd to be so old in one view, and yet so young in another. i constantly think back to a time when i was still fresh to the world. i was a small girl who just wanted to dance, wear sparkle pants, and someday be a prom queen. but i would look at all of those grown up girls in church and think how old they seemed. and how incredibly glamorous that was. they were so beautiful, grown up, and mature. everything i hoped i would someday be. now, i am the age of those girls i remember seeing, and i am not even close to being what i thought they were. hahaha. i am grown up, but really, i am oh so young. and i love that feeling. it's kind of sort of awesome being at an age where the world is on my front doorstep. my arrows that have helped to guide me on my path through life have now become scattered, and are crisscrossing is so many directions, and all of them are good, and i can really go anywhere i want to go. i will not feel this way forever, which is what makes it so incredibly real. and that my friends, is beautiful. 
so, don't be afraid to get out there and try new things. don't be afraid of failure. don't be afraid that you won't do something perfectly. don't fret over the idea that you may never be good enough to reach the destination that you have always dreamed of. life is such a large thing to understand, and we will spend our entire lives trying to fully comprehend what we are walking through. that's okay though, because that is kind of the point. keep going, where ever you are. whether you are in the middle of finals, trying to raise a family, working three jobs, desperately trying to survive junior high, or determining what college you will study at, just keep moving. sometimes things may feel like too much, because when you are young, everything feels like the end of the world. i promise though, that those things will one day not even matter. don't believe me? then just wait a few years and you will understand what i am talking about. i know i do not know even close to everything, but i promise that the best thing we can possibly do is to keep pushing on. there is nothing more admirable than that. 

-shine on, 
glitter girl. 
and now for year eighteen in review:














































3 comments:

G wiz said...

Who are you trying to kid? You're one of those people who will still be looking good at 100...

Pyrrho said...

I'm so happy that I'm in a bunch of those pictures! It's been a pleasure to be in your life miss Thomas, may you live forever. And may the odds be ever in your favor ;)

tazzzz said...

This makes me soo happy!! I am glad to call you a friend, and I am anticipating the adventures of next year!!! You are an incredible person, and I appreciate yoU!!