July 31, 2013

And She's Off......

hi family!
 
just a quick email today before i leave the mtc. (: i leave in another hour! isn't that crazy? i can't believe how fast the time flew by. i feel extremely ready and extremely inadequate all at the same time. gosh, i don't know what to feel.
 
i am beyond excited to get out and meet my new companion, see my new apartment, and just see the area where i will be serving. i am anxious to meet the investigators and actually start the work as a real missionary. but, at the same time, i will miss everyone at this mtc with all my heart. this past six weeks has been an absolute roller coaster, and it was the amazing people i have met here that have helped me get through it all. there are missionaries here from India, Taiwan, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Tonga, the Philippines, and Pakistan. isn't that the coolest thing? they are all either serving in the Philippines or in their home countries. meeting these people has been a wonderful opportunity!
my Aussie sisters, sister rae and sister mckim, are amazing. i had to say goodbye to them this morning and it was filled with all sorts of tears. we are all seperating throughout the country, and we all miss each other already. i have never felt this close to a pair of girls this quickly in my life. it is so funny to me that two of my very best friends were clear on the other side of the world, and the lord brought us all together through missionary work.
also, sister tui'one, the one i traveled with from Utah, is amazing. we have become incredibly close. we are headed out to the field together today and we are really hoping that eventually we become companions. (: we can dream right? this girl is one of the greatest people i have ever met in my life! we are hoping we fly home together as well and that our families are all at the airport together. how cute would that be? haha
i have met some amazing elders who have been incredibly helpful and so kind. Elder Christensen, Elder Armatage, Elder Naulu, and Elder Mo'unga. i will always remember these guys. they have literally changed my life and reminded me to always believe in myself! i have never met more prepared elders in my life! they will change the country for sure.
all in all, the lord has blessed me with the opportunity of meeting some amazing people that have changed my life forever. i will miss them all dearly, and we have all had our share of tears. we cried together as a class/district and sang hyms, and prayed. it sounds so incredibly cliche, but we felt the spirit so strongly and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life so far. saying goodbye is rough, but perhaps i must get used to it considering i have to do this alot on the mish. FREAK. this part just might kill me.
 
besides that though, i am SO excited to get out there and see what my mission will be like. i feel myself relying on the lord a little more every single day. i am not even close to perfect, but through the Savior, my weaknesses can become strengths here in the mission field. i feel like a completely different person than i was six weeks ago. and i owe it all to the people i have met, and my Father in Heaven. I can't wait to continue meeting great people  in my new area.
 
i have not recieved any packages, but the mtc said they would forward any of them received to my mission home! so hopefully i will see them soon. (:
 
i sent a letter! so look for it within the next month or so!
 
well i gotta go, my bus is leaving soon! the bus ride to the mission home is a long one. i will email you all again on my next p-day. i think that is on monday, but i am not sure yet. we will see!
 
god be with you all!
i love you.'
mahal kita. sobrang.
 
alam ko po na totoo po ang simbahan ni JesuCristo. alam ko po na totoo po ang Aklat ni Mormon.
sa pamamagitan ng Pagbabayed-sala kay JesuCristo, magiging malinis po tayo.
alam ko po na mahal po tayo ng Diyos.
sa pangalin ni JesuCristo, amen.
 
-sister thomas

No comments: