March 17, 2014

Life As A Real Missionary...Part #33

Dear Family,

I am not sure where to start. All the news that you sent me has flooded my insides with way too many emotions! I am sitting here crying tears of joy and and heartache!!

I'll start with courtney, HURRAY! Oh, that makes me so happy. I have been praying for her. I am so happy they saw her potential and talent out of so many applicants. I am SO happy for her. She will be amazing. I just know it. She has worked hard for the Lord and I know he will continue to bless her for that.

Hannah. It sounds like she has developed a really powerful testimony. She is a fireball, and she is going to change people's lives someday. No matter where the Lord takes her, she will change people. Her influence is powerful. I am so proud of the things she has overcome. I learn from her. Her strength gives me strength. Just tell her to focus on her schoolwork so that she can have even more opportunities opened to her!

Bowen. I love that little man. I can't believe he will be in junior high when I get home. That makes me cringe a little bit. Yuck. Growing up is hard, but I have full confidence in him. Just tell him to always be nice and remember that he always has the Priesthood which makes him a literal representative of Jesus Christ at all times and in all things and in all places. We are not perfect, but his kind heart will get him far. I love that kid.

Brooklyn, I love her. Just let her know that. Tell her I think the world of her. We all have hard times, but I know the Lord knows her. She is special to him. Tell her to never give up. She is being shaped for something she can't even imagine.

As for me, this week has been all STRESS. But, it has been good. Aaron and Irene both had their interviews on Saturday, so we spent a lot of time making sure they were ready. Of course, SO many things came up this week that could have stopped them from making it to the interview. I seriously couldn't sleep at all, and I have never prayed so hard in my life. Plus, with it being near Holy Week there is very little work in our area. Everyone has decided they are hardcore Catholic now, even some of our less-actives! Grabi! I feel really bad when our numbers are so low at the end of the day. Especially when I am training. But, I know this work is not about numbers.....I am just a perfectionist and just a LITTLE competitive, so it is hard for me when we don't get into a lot of doors. I am really learning humility. My sweet anak helps me. She is so humble and always smiling, even when the work is hard. She is great and is beginning to adjust to missionary life without difficulties. The tears of homesickness have faded and she is more excited about the work. This makes me happy and relieves some stress, since I can count on always having a companion focused on the work! Haha she is cute! I am proud of the progress she has already made this far and for her commitment to serve.

The baptism interviews were scheduled for Saturday. I didn't sleep a wink on Friday night. But when Saturday came, I felt relatively calm. The DL came down to our area and both Irene and Aaron passed their interviews and with flying colors. Hurrah! Which means this coming Saturday we should have two people enter into the waters of baptism! Oh, the joy. I can't even explain to you how happy I am for them. I feel like I have literally invested a part of my soul into these people, so their joy and their accomplishments make me all bubbly inside. It's really all sorts of emotional jitters. Hahaha. I am so happy though. These two are very special people.

Other than that there is not much to report. The work can be hard, but I am really learning how to roll with the punches and make the best of things. I am grateful for the example of all my family and friends, for the love and patience you all have! Thank you for your prayers. they are doing more than you may even realize. I feel extremely blessed to have such amazing people around me all the time. It's crazy to think that 9 months has already passed! I am halfway through and I only have 9 months more here with so much left to do. Somehow that just doesn't feel long enough! But, I will just try to do the best with the time I have been given.

I love you all so much. SO MUCH. My heart is just like exploding with love all over the place!


Anyways, mahal ko kayo!

-Sister Thomas

No comments: